Unified Sports Scholarships
Many of our area schools now have Unified Sports programs that pair students with disabilities with peer partners to compete in a range of sports including basketball, bowling, and football. For those of you who’ve never enrolled in middle or high school sports, the costs can be a bit daunting. To ensure that all interested athletes with Down syndrome have an opportunity to participate in Unified Sports, the NCDSA will now accept scholarship requests for those athletic fees. Families may request reimbursement of sports fees for multiple sports throughout the school year.
Unified Sports Photos
General guidelines for all scholarships:
- All applicants must reside in Northern Colorado.
- Applications must include detailed information on how the funds will be used and how the applicant will benefit.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis with priority given to families/individuals who have not received funding in the past calendar year.
- Each family may apply for funds in each category once annually.
- Applications may be submitted at any time. They will be reviewed monthly in the order of receipt by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants will be notified no later than the 10th of the month following application.
- Payment will be made either in the form of reimbursement after proof of payment has been submitted to the Scholarship Committee, or directly to the service provider or supplier of items being purchased. No prepayment of scholarship funds will be allowed.
The decisions of the NCDSA Scholarship Committee are final. While we are excited to offer scholarships to our Northern Colorado families, ongoing scholarship funding is not guaranteed year-to-year. The awarding of funding for the purchase or provision of items and services is not an endorsement of those items or services.