Often, the cost of a seminar, supplemental therapy, school unified sports or dance lessons are just out of reach. We know, though, that these types of activities are so beneficial for our loved ones with Down syndrome, so NCDSA is proud to offer small scholarships for recreational needs. Our hope is to reach and support as many Northern Colorado Down Syndrome Association families as possible.
Recreational scholarships of up to $75 will be awarded to assist families with the cost of camps, athletic activities, various lessons, and recreational equipment.
General guidelines for all scholarships:
- All applicants must reside in Northern Colorado.
- Applications must include detailed information on how the funds will be used and how the applicant will benefit.
- Applications will be reviewed on a first come, first served basis with priority given to families/individuals who have not received funding in the past calendar year.
- Each family may apply for funds in each category once annually.
- Applications may be submitted at any time. They will be reviewed monthly in the order of receipt by the Scholarship Committee.
- Applicants will be notified no later than the 10th of the month following application.
- Payment will be made either in the form of reimbursement after proof of payment has been submitted to the Scholarship Committee, or directly to the service provider or supplier of items being purchased. No prepayment of scholarship funds will be allowed.
The decisions of the NCDSA Scholarship Committee are final. While we are excited to offer scholarships to our Northern Colorado families, ongoing scholarship funding is not guaranteed year-to-year. The awarding of funding for the purchase or provision of items and services is not an endorsement of those items or services.